Because the blogosphere is so full of love as of late, I have been fortunate enough to receive a second blogging award this week! What a nice way to wake up on a Friday. I’ve been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award by the lovely Erica from It’s Only Erica and can not adequately express how very thankful I am. To know that there are people out there who actually find my infantile psycho-babble remotely readable is extraordinarily gratifying.
The rules of receiving the Kreativ Blogger Award:
- Thank the blogger who gave me the award and provide a link. A gianormous thank you to Erica!
- List 7 interesting things about myself that my readers might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links and let them know.
Seven Scintillating Facts About Me:
Soon, you’ll know every last interesting detail about me because I’m afraid to say there aren’t too many and I’m quickly running out of stock. But here are today’s seven facts that I’ve not previously let slip:
- On Thursday night, I went to my first toga party and let me just say that there’s no feeling quite like leaving the house wrapped in nothing but a bed sheet.
- I am both obsessively organised and wildly disorganised at the same time. I think this condition is probably a contributing factor to my being in an incessant state of hysteria.
- When I was fourteen, I spent six weeks on exchange in France and am now semi-fluent in French (although I might have forgotten a fair chunk of it since finishing school).
- In my final year of high school (2010), I managed to persuade the school’s deputy headmistress to let me drop mathematics as a subject altogether. It’s usually considered a compulsory subject along with English but I begged and pleaded and convinced her that barring a piano falling on my head, I would never ever need mathematics again in my life. I was the only person in the entire school to not do maths. I was pretty impressed with myself.
- I spent a night in Dubai once and could not believe how hot and humid it was at four in the morning when we had to head back to the airport. I am still in a state of disbelief.
- If I had to choose between food and coffee, I would choose coffee.
- I have a great deal of respect for Will Smith. I think his philosophies of hard work, self-belief and striving to achieve the impossible make him a very admirable man.
Seven Blogs that Float My Boat:
- Free Penny Press
- Already Booked…And More
- Obscured Dreamer
- Big Book Case
- Olivia’s Opinions
- Blog a Penguin Classic
Writing sure is a hell of a lot of fun but it wouldn’t be so without those who risk their sanity to read my blog. Thank you to everyone who reads, likes or comments on my posts! The next leg of your blogospherical adventure is to click on the above links and discover other plains of reading, writing and literary wonder!