January and February have flown by at lightning speed and I’m not entirely sure that it really is the first of March; perhaps I accidently reset the calendar of my phone (anything is possible with my degree of technological ineptitude) and have lost a couple of months…however, for that scenario to be even remotely plausible I’d have to assume that the TV channels have all made the same mistake, that the date on my computer screen is completely wrong and that my brother’s fifteenth birthday party was a hoax. So, excluding the possibility of such a phenomenal coincidence, I have to conclude that it really is the third month of 2012…already. Oh God.
Looking back on the past two months (which felt like one week) and reflecting on my literary progress, I realise I have quite some reading to catch up on. My ‘Books to Read in 2012‘ list is lengthening at a far quicker pace than I am crossing books off, as more and more fellow book-loving bloggers make irresistible suggestions and as I stumble across new and enticing titles myself.
So far from my list I’ve read:
While to it, I’ve added:
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf – Recommended to me by Persian is Sugar
- Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger – Recommended to me by theRibz
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith – Recommended to me by Olivia’s Opinions
- Scoop by Evelyn Waugh – Recommended to me by madcapdownsideup
- Catch 22 by Joseph Heller – Recommended to me by Point. Blank.
- Pet Sematary by Stephen King – Recommended to my by Mightytosave24
Two steps forward, six steps back! But a real nerd never shies away from a literary challenge. Let us read.